About Chameleons

EU Funded research

Ten years from now, jobs will be more knowledge and skills-intensive than ever before. Currently only 30% of all doctoral graduates stay in academia with the remaining 70% seeking employment outside the academic setting, for example in industry and government. Current doctoral curricula do not foster big thinkers and creative problem-solvers, graduate attributes that society needs.

To date, there is a lack of research in the area of the interdisciplinary, inter-sectoral doctoral education and the question remains: how do we best design these programmes to ensure that the PhD students’ develop into big thinkers?


The overall aim of CHAMELONS is to develop a range of interdisciplinary, inter-sectoral and international modules which are designed to broaden the skills of PhD graduates and improve their employability in academic and non-academic environments.

CHAMELEONS is a two-year research project that started on the 1st March 2020.

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

©2020 by Chameleons project. All rights reserved.

This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 873105